Valdez Avalanche Center provides avalanche information addressing the common access points and areas traveled from the Port of Valdez out to Mile 60 of the Richardson Highway.
Public observations are encouraged and aid the accuracy of bulletins.
NEWS and EVENTS:
- Thanks to all who came out April 13 for the spring FUN raiser! Super FUN with the Super Saturated Sugar Strings. Thank you to the businesses and individuals who donated time, gear, and money supporting avalanche information and education in Alaska. Supporters list
- Congratulations to the Valdez Snowmachine Club and winners of the 2013 Mountain Man Hill Climb April 19-21.
- 2013 Southcentral Alaska Snow and Avalanche Conference, November 1, Anchorage
- VAC Observer Program: contribute your avalanche, snow, and weather observations to Valdez Avalanche Center and win a $60 gift certificate to the 32 Lounge and Grill. 32 has donated a gift certificate for each month of winter, so what are you waiting for? Submit your obs and WIN.
- Thanks to the City of Valdez and all our local supporters!
- New guidebook: Chuting Valdez – Steep backcountry skiing in and around Valdez.
- Check out our community’s snow observations page.
Share your observations, learn from your friends, improve the bulletin, stay informed.
Be a supporter – Members, Donors, and Sponsors Please consider contributing if you use the avalanche bulletin and/or benefit from the avalanche education opportunities in our community. If you aren’t in the position to make a financial donation, we are always looking for volunteers to help at local events. Thank you!